We live in a time where most people are trying to reduce, reuse and recycle. Going green isn’t just for certain people, most are aiming to do their part.
Maybe you are doing some things but really want to do more. Here are some ideas to take it to the next level.
- Reduce or eliminate buying individually packaged drinks (i.e Bottled water)
- Stop buying reusable bottles unless your current go to one is broken, these have to be thrown out as well
- Bring your own coffee cup if buying coffee
- Reduce times you drive by working from home more, combining errand trips, carpooling, biking or walking to a location
- Stop buying clothing that is dry clean only
- Use cloth to clean and as napkins and wash and reuse!
- Use real dishes/utensils when you have a party (if you don’t want to or have enough real dishes add a new set or more which will save in the long run)
- Buy larger bulk/less packaged items to reduce on packaging material (6 pack of toilet paper rather than individual or paper wrapped items over plastic wrapped)
- Use your own bags
- Convert to natural cleaners – vinegar, borax, essential oils….
- Buy just what you need when you need it
- Limit disposable item purchases
- Unsubscribe to catalogs, magazines, junk mail
- Google ideas to find a green alternative to anything and everything!