In honor of 7 years in business, here are 7 power tips I use all the time:
- Assign a home to EVERYTHING; a spot where you use it most and that makes sense to YOU.
- Go through ALL of your clothing once per year., how about around your birthday?!
- Process mail either daily or at least 1x/week. Just do it.
- Have a routine/system for laundry and commit. Pick a certain day or day/person. Always have a hamper in each room. And remember, laundry ISN’T done until you put it away too.
- If you don’t use it (really can’t think of the last time you used or when you would use it) or you don’t love it (like you look at it and you think it’s really great) – let it go. What is the worst that could happen?
- Purge papers 1x/year – preferably in Jan/Feb so you can pull all out for tax prep.
- Remember the 80-20 Rule – we refer to 20% of what we file 80% of the time. We wear 20% of our clothing 80% of the time. You get the idea. We never use or need most of our stuff, so you really can let it go and be fine.